Monday, September 25, 2006

Adobe Release Lightroom Beta 4


This morning Adobe released Lightroom version Beta 4 for Mac and Windows. Besides lots of little tweaks and improvements throughout (including some nice interface enhancements) what Adobe has done to the Curves and Histogram in Lightroom Beta 4 is absolutely revolutionary, and makes task of correcting images much more intuitive and easy than ever. Adobe gave a quick sneek peek of these new Curves features during the Photoshop World keynote, and everybody was just blown away. If you haven't downloaded Lightroom (you can download it for free during this Beta testing period), you've got to give it a try---you'll love it! Visit "Adobe Labs" to download this new Beta 4 version.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beta 4 has sharpened my appetite for the update promised in this hook-setter:

"Scott says: you can actually buy and download my book right now, today online, because it's my first eBook (well, it will be an eBook until the product leaves beta and finally ships, but the advantage of the eBook is that it will be updated as Adobe updates each version of Lightroom)."

C'mon Scott, other than shooting gorgeous brides and creating gorgeous babies, what else have you got to do? :-) Any target date?

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also waiting for the beta 4 update to Scott's Lightroom eBook. When is it going to happen? After the daisies wilt?

1:55 AM  
Blogger Scott Kelby said...

Hey gang:
I'm working on the Beta 4 update as we speak, so it shouldn't be too long. As soon as it's ready, I'll post the news here in the Blog.

Thanks much for your continued support. It means a lot. :)

Scott

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got a notice from Peach Pit about an upgrade to Beta 3 for a mere $5.00. I thought that you were going to upgrade the book automatically. Especially since the original book didn't seem to be much different than the free videos on NAPP. ):

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, you rascal --

Brides, blossoms, babies, and Beta3! You slipped that last one in with no fanfare. And probably not much sleep. I've downloaded it; very happy. No complaints about the reasonable add-on fee either. Eagerly awaiting Beta4 and Beyond.

Thanks.

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Scott: I am another buyer of your ebook on Lightroom and am waiting for the update on the Beta 4. Thse guys at Peach are offering a Beta 3 update. Is this some kind of confusion or something? I'd like to know when the Beta 4 update will be available too, I'd love to have it, since the one I bought is almost redundant after the Beta 4 release by Adobe.
hanilatif@telefonica.net, NAPP member 847646

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home