Tuesday, September 26, 2006

COOL STUFF: Photoshop Matte Painting

I saw this on the Creative Guy's Site and I wanted to turn you on to it, because it's pretty darn cool. It's a link to an artist's site who has a semi-tutorial on how to turn a regular photo into a realistic Matte painting (like you see in the movies). His technique is really great, however he pretty much assumes that everyone is an airbrush artist, so in some of the steps he says stuff like "draw some scary looking trees." Bert Monroy might read that and say "Oh, no sweat." I look at that and think "Yeah, right." He does give you the "out" of finding a photo with scary trees (try scarytree photos.com) so you're not totally out of luck, but either way, it's still a fascinating article. Check it out by clicking here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home