Monday, November 20, 2006

I Got Some Good News This Weekend


I got a call from my Publisher right as I was leaving Adobe HQ for the red-eye home. They let me know that Amazon.com had released their Best Books of 2006 list, and:

(1) My new book "The Digital Photography Book" took the #1 spot as Amazon.com's Editor's Choice Pick for best computer book of 2006.

(2) That same book was the #1 bestselling photography book of 2006 on Amazon (even though it just came out in September), and...

(3) My book, "The Photoshop Channels Book" was Amazon.com's top-selling Photoshop book of 2006, based on customer sales (This list is comprised of books whose first edition was published in 2006).

Thanks to the Editors at Amazon, and to all my faithful readers. I'm very grateful to you all. :-)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice one Scott ... Congratulations :o)
Keep 'em coming,

All the best,
Glyn

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well deserved. This book is delicious... figuratively.

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Scott!

You're awesome!

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott-
Congratulations! You truly deserve it!! Keep writing.

8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Scott, congratulations! I have your book and it's helping me a lot especially since I am just learning photography. Keep 'em coming!

8:39 PM  
Blogger John David said...

I am not surprised. This is one awesome book...even my friends who aren't into photography like it. I can't wait to see what Scott does next!!

12:26 AM  
Blogger Scott Kelby said...

Hi everybody:
Thanks SO much for your very kind comments. I love writing books, and comments like yours make me want to fire up and laptop and get back to work. :-)

Thanks again---I appreciate your support more than you know. :)

All my best,

Scott

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott, great book. Matter of fact, your book was SO good, it cost me $1700...in new equipment. :) Went out and upgraded to a Nikon D80 and a couple new lens, flash, etc. Only one thing I cannot find is a Graduated ND filter (52mm) :(

2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this book Scott...I hope you write more like this, so right to the point and very easy to understand, not tons of pages of stuff you don't really want to know.
Please keep the books coming!!! :0)

8:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home