Thursday, January 04, 2007

Announcing "Darkroom Magazine" The How-To Magazine for Lightroom Users


I'm really excited to announce that we're launching a brand new magazine called "Darkroom," which is a magazine totally dedicated to teaching Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, and how to use Lightroom together with Photoshop CS2/CS3 for a professional photography workflow.

Here's the best news: As a NAPP member, you'll get each issue of this new magazine for free along with your regular Photoshop User magazine. The Public will be able to buy a subscription to Darkroom, but only the downloadable online version---not the printed version.

I'll be leading this new magazine as Editor and Publisher (which will follow as similar style and format as Photoshop User magazine), and joining me will be contributing editors Dave Cross, Matt Kloskowski, and Corey Barker along with articles, tutorials,and tips from some of the leading experts on this amazing new workflow application. The first issue is already in production and will be available as soon as Adobe ships Lightroom Version 1.0.

So, that's the scoop. You can find out more info at the magazine's official Website at DarkroomMagazine.com

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just one more reason why being a NAPP member is the best deal in town!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Mike Lao said...

Can't wait for this magazine to launch!

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is really a good news...

10:17 AM  
Blogger Mark said...

Scott,

I don't know where and how you find the time for more publications. I was prepared to pay for a subscription and then you offered it for free. Another great contribution to the photographic community.

Thank you.

Mark Wainer

9:17 PM  
Blogger Bryan said...

This is awesome news, but I just received my latest issue of Layers, wherein you tell us there will be a new Lightroom column - doesn't this magazine now make that column somewhat redundant?

I can't wait to get my first issue!

-Bryan

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When is Lighroom going to go on sale? I have the beta version and want to be in the front of the line to get official version.

11:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys just blow me away!!!

Superb!!!!!

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I try to go to www.DarkroomMagazine.com, I instead get shunted to the NAPP website on which there is no mention of this 'new magazine.' Since I have no interest in joining NAPP (for now), how much will a subscription to Darkroom cost (for a non-NAPP member), and where can one submit such a subscription request?

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home