Friday, February 17, 2006

NEWS: Very Cool Nikon 18-200mm Lens


Larry Becker strikes again. Larry brought his shiny new Nikon 18-200mm VR lens into the office today and I just fell in love with it. Unlike all my other lenses, it's small, lightweight (it weights about 1/4 of my 80-200 VR) and for general purpose outdoor shooting (like vacation shots where you don't want to lug out all your pro gear, but can't bear to use a point-and shoot), this is a great lens. I was talking with my buddy Bill Fortney who was just shooting in Maui with this same lens, and he said he had taken six different lens with him, but wound up shooting with just this one the whole time (and believe me, Bill has some awesome lens). Here's the scoop from Nikon's site, but if you want to buy it, I recommend B&H Photo.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Audorama sells the lens for $719.00. While there is a waiting list for the lens, Audorama will only charge your credit card when they ship the lens to you. B&H charges your credit card right away and then ships the lens to you when it comes in - could be as long as six weeks.

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought mine at Paul's Photo in Torrance, CA (where I buy everything) and it is, as everyone says, a wonderful thing to have.

4:06 PM  
Blogger Scott Kelby said...

Thanks for comments. I was hoping to hear from some people who already had the lens. Really appreciate it! :-)

10:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,I just wander if this Nikon 18-200 mm fits with D50 camera.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Scott Kelby said...

Hi Anonymous:
My buddy has one he's using with his D70, so it should work just fine with the D50. :-)

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home