Thursday, April 13, 2006

NEWS: Apple lowers price of Aperture by $200


I figured Apple would eventually lower Aperture's price; I just didn't think it would happen this soon. Maybe Apple is responding to Adobe's Lightroom (which is currently available as a free download from Adobe while it's in its Beta testing period), and what they anticipate Lightroom's final shipping price to be. Or perahps they're just responding to the marketplace. When I first saw Aperture I was very impressed, but the $499 price point really threw me. Now, at just $299, and the improvements they've made in their just released 1.1 verison (which includes Mac/Intel support among other improvements and new features), I think a lot of people who originally dismissed it will certainly give it another look. I do take my hat off to Apple for offering $200.00 in Apple Store credit to people who bought previous versions of Aperture. Find out more here.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This just posted about Aperture

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0604aperture.html

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home