Friday, June 02, 2006

An Unexpected Shot From Sweden


Here's a shot I didn't expect to get in Sweden (click on the photo to see the larger version). In Stockholm, on the day when teenagers graduate from High School, they pile into old classic Amercian cars, flatbed trucks, and huge dumptrucks, and drive around the city celebrating by honking horns, screaming, and playing really loud music (I distinctly remember hearing "Sweet Child of Mine" at 120db.). It looks like an awful lot of fun, and the streets were full of these revelers yesterday. An old 1950's era Buick Roadmaster drove right in front of me, and the convertible was filled with graduates cheering and waving Swedish flags, and I got this shot as they rolled past me. What I like about the shot (besides the car, and the color), is that you only get a hint of the celebration, but that's enough.

4 Comments:

Blogger pixel_pusher said...

What an incredible shot! The red in the shot really POPS- was there any adjustments you made, color-wise? I can see a bit of "depth-of-field" blur, was that in-photo as well, or was that PS?

What a great off-the-cuff moment!

11:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An eye catching shot that is very simple. I agree with you that the glimpse of the celebration is just enough and does not distract from the detail and color of the auto, yet completes the story. Very nice.

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Superb shot Scott. Crystal clear to the point where it feels you can almost touch the car.

Truly inspirational!!!!

Glyn Dewis
NAPP Member 773406
Buckinghamshire, UK

4:27 PM  
Blogger Don Watkins said...

I love the color and shape in this photo. Great shot!

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home