Friday, February 02, 2007

Download New Photoshop Plug-ins For Reducing Noise/Grain, Smooth Skin, and Color Correcting

Kodak has released a host of Photoshop Compatible plug-ins that do everything from reduce digital noise to retouching skin, to color correcting, and more. Best of all, you can download free trial versions and start using them today. You can download them from Kodak's Austin Development Center. By the way; over the years I've had photographers rave about Kodak's "Digital Gem" plug-in for noise, but I guess they had stopped supporting it, but now it's back as one of those plug-ins. I haven't had a chance to take them through the paces myself, but hopefully I'll get a chance this weekend.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott,
It is good of you to publish the fact these plug-ins exist as they are excellent (the Digital Gem Airbrush is awesome... I use it on 95% of my portrait shots... clients love what it does... skin tones become continous again). But what I find curious is that these plug-ins have been around for quite some time (I've used mine for about 15 months at least). I think all that is really "new" is the press release. Which tells me that someone at Kodak finally realized what a treasure they had. In any event, those who do a lot of portrait photography would be well served by checking out this group of excellent (and reasonably priced!) plug-ins.

...Rich

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I second the above. I have ROC, GEM and SHO and none of them have been updated on their download site. hmmm.
They do work, and work well. I do not have the Airbrush - when I looked at their example I wasn't impressed by the results - the above prompts me to try their free demo.
Doug Robinson

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry Scott there is nothing new here. They orginally released 2.0 in May 05. Indeed when you press the upgrade button in the plugin window the link no longer works. You don't even get directed to the Kodak site.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home