Monday, March 06, 2006

COOL STUFF: Fake Model Tutorial Found Online


Back on Jan. 31st, I posted a note about a very cool photographer who was taking aerial shots of cities using a Shift-Tilt lens and it made the cities look like tiny toy models. It was just amazing (you can read that original article, from Metropolis magazine, and see his photos by clicking here). Anyway, I was just fascinated by the technique, and got numerous emails about it. Well, as luck would have it, Jon Gales (the same guy who turned me onto these Shift-Tilt lens photos in the first place) found a tutorial online on how to create the same look in Photoshop. I've tried the tutorial and it looks great (one of my attempts is shown here--click on it for a larger view). Clearly, this technique is just for fun, but what's wrong with that? :-) Check it out at http://recedinghairline.co.uk/tutorials/fakemodel/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home