What To Do if Your Memory Card Dies
There's a great little article/story over at low end DSLR on how the author had his digital camera's memory card die on him, and what he did to resurrect it. It's one of those articles that you'll want to take two minutes to read now, so if/when you suffer a similar fate, you'll have a plan of action already in place. Thanks to NAPP's Larry Becker for pointing this one out to me.


3 Comments:
I have had great success with a program called "Image Recall 3". I have retrieved files that were deleted from my recycle bin in Windows XP on my laptop. I also was able to restore images from several CD-ROMs that were incorrectly finalized. I have also used Lexar and SanDisk rescue software and a program from LC Technology called PhotoRecovery. Image Recall 3 lets you search any medium you might have problems with, not just camera cards. Keep up the good blog.
Hi Mike:
Sounds like something I'm going to have to get. Thanks for the tip! :-)
Scott
Hey Scott, no problem. I work with Jeff Revell, who turned me on to this site. We have had lots of issues with different cards so I've been doing a lot of experimenting with the software to recover stuff. Remember, just because you reformat a card in your camera, the info isn't always gone.
mike meyer
Post a Comment
<< Home