Tuesday, October 24, 2006

I call it "Pots"


Despite the catchy name, I kind of like this one. Kind of. It was taken in color, through a window at a historic site, and it was converted first to black & White, and then to a quadtone in Photoshop. Perhaps the reason I like it, is that I was able to shoot it while standing on a covered porch, thus avoiding the near-constant drizzle that follows Dave and I like a swarm of angry bees. Tomorrow is our last day, and tonight they are expecting one of these three atmospheric phenomenon to occur: (1) more rain, (2) snow showers, or (c) a locust plague. It could possibly be all three, but that's unlikely, because we're flying out tomorrow afternoon, so by that time the most gorgeous weather to grace the trees of Vermont will surely move into the area. Dave and I will scramble to shoot the first decent light we've seen from our seats in Airside B, Gate 13, but alas, it will be too late. If we get anything tomorrow morning, I'll post it. Don't hold you're breath. ;-) By the way, I did three posts today, so scroll down to catch the rest of "Day 2: Vermont Rainforest"

2 Comments:

Blogger phototure said...

Scott...I noticed that a lot of your shots have vignetting...is that in camera..or do you add it to your photographs in CS2?

3:07 PM  
Blogger Scott Kelby said...

Hi Phototure:
The vignetting is added intentionally later in Photoshop. It's a very large vignette (larger than you'd normally get from a lens."

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home