Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Shooting Thethered on Intel-based Macs with Nikon Camera Control


Our buddy Terry White did some major research this week on getting the Nikon Camera Control Pro software to work on his Intel-based Mac (all new Macs are now Intel-based). Earlier in the week, I had posted about shooting tethered directly into Lightroom, using the Nikon Camera Control Pro software for Nikon Shooters, or Canon's EOS Viewer for Canon shooters. Well, here's what Terry found when he tried to get this to work on his Intel-based Mac: The downloadable free 30-day trail version of Nikon Camera Control Pro is NOT compatible with Intel-based Macs, but if you actually buy the product,and download the full registered version, the version you then download is Intel-Mac compatible. We've already let Nikon know about the problem, and hopefully we'll see the 30-day trail version updated soon. Thanks to Terry for all the groundwork he did to get to the bottom of this mystery.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I shoot thethered and carry a thong in my heart!

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used the trial version last week with my Intel mac, and it worked perfectly

2:58 PM  
Blogger Mike Holley said...

I shoot tethered direct into Lightroom via DSLR Remote Pro, which I think is better than Canon's own software.

3:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ive shot tethered into Bridge with a D200 and a Intel Mac. No problem.

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home