Friday, March 24, 2006

NEWS: My New Adobe Lightroom Book Now Available!


Another book released at Photoshop World was my brand new book, the "Adobe Lightroom Book for Digital Photographers. In case you hadn't heard, Lightroom is Adobe's new workflow software for professional photographers (Lightroom is in a free public Beta-testing period--if you're on Macintosh, you can download it and starting using it today for free at http://labs.macromedia.com/technologies/lightroom/)

Weirder yet, you can actually buy and download my book right now, today online, because it's my first eBook (well, it will be an eBook until the product leaves beta and finally ships, but the advantage of the eBook is that it will be updated as Adobe updates each version of Lightroom). You can it at http://www.peachpit.com/title/0321437365

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not a criticism of your book, but I hate Adobe DRM. I purchased this ebook, and Acrobat crashes everytime I try to open the ebx.etd file in order to download it. Tried reinstalling Acrobat 7 Pro with the same result (Mac OS 10.4.5). I've made it a personal policy in the past not to buy ebooks protected with DRM, but I didn't realize this one was in that category before I bought.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Spencer M. Hall said...

I just finished reading your channels book (awesome by the way) and now you come out with another one?? good lord!

;)

8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

reading your blog is getting expensive.....

4:43 PM  
Blogger Scott Kelby said...

Hi Anonymous:
I forwarded your comments to my publisher, Peachpit press. Thanks for sharing your insights. :-)

Also, Spencer: Thanks so much for the kudos on the Channels Book. It's much appreciated. You'll be happy to know the Lightroom book was easier to write--that's why it came out so quickly. :)

Take care,

Scott

5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do we get to download the new versions for free as you update the book to go along with lightroom. What about when it becomes a printed book. How much will it cost the people who have already bought the ebook?

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home