Thursday, November 30, 2006

Looking for a semi-legimate reason to go to Hawaii?


If you are, I'm teaching my one-day "Photoshop CS2 Power Tour" seminar next week, on December 4th, at the Hawaii Convention Center in Honolulu. NAPP members can attend the full-day seminar for only $79, and if you're out that way (or looking for an excuse to be out that way), I hope to see you there. Also, I'm coming in the night before and looking for a place to shoot around sunset, so if you know of a great little known place, post it here on the blog. Also, after that I'm off to Maui, and same thing there: know of a great place---let me know. Mahalo and Aloha! :-)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I looooove Maui! There is a great little place called "The Secret Cove' down the same road from the Grand Wailea and 4 Seasons.(Road is Wailea Alanui Drive, then Makena Rd)) Keep going south into Makena (which means abundance). Drive past Makena State Park(big beach)You see a lava rock wall and a little break. Go into that break and it is the cove. White sand, lava rocks, palm trees and Molakini island (sp?) in the background. Great place for portraits My husband & I got married at The White Orchid Beach House right down the road from the cove back in '04.

I believe the little 'hippi' town is Pa'ia and you can go here to see all of the local wind surfers.

Then there is always the road to Hana. A gorgeous black sand beach, curves and lots of waterfalls. You should have seen the looks I got as I hiked out into the middle of the water with my Canon to 'get a closer shot' at some of the falls!

Wish I was going! Have fun!

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got back from a holiday in Maui. If you're up to it, you could drive the road to Hana (on the Eastern portion of the island). There's some pretty impressive waterfalls along the route. Also, there's a couple of black sand beaches with lava tubes entering the Pacific - creating some interesting blow holes and great opportunites for photo buffs.

Of course, Mt. Haleakala provides a vantage point second to none. People suggest getting up early and going and seeing the sunrise. Bring the longjohns though. Imagine the coldest day you've ever experienced. Well, the top of Mt. Haleakala at sunrise is even colder than that ;-). Have a great time!

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scott you old dog. Photoshop is now getting you to the tropics?!!! Eat at Mama's Fish House - it's fantastic.

cheers

Russell Brady

7:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I live on Maui and would be happy to show you around if you like. You can send me an email at us3kp@attglobal.net. I was going to try and make it over for your workshop on Oahu but not sure if I could make it. I am just getting into photography and like I said would be happy to show you around.

3:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home