Live From New York, It's…well…me.

Blogging to you live from Manhattan, in a Starbucks at the corner of Broadway and Union E 17th and Union. I'm up here for some meetings, and then later today I'm heading over to B&H Photo to spend my children's college fund on photo goodies. ;-)
While I'm there, I'm taping a "mini-tour" of B&H for next week's Photoshop TV episode. My meeting starts in 15 minutes, so here's a quick look at what's going on:
** The new episode of Photoshop TV has a special look at Photoshop CS3, so make sure you turn in to see Matt and Dave show off its cool new features.
** Lots of good CS3 info out there (like Colin's Smith's Photoshop Cafe, and our buddy Richard Harrington's Podcast), and BareFetas.com, which is a site that does Mac- speed testing, and the results of running CS3 on an Intel-based Mac are pretty stunning.
** I finished Joe McNally's DVD called "The Speed of Light" on Nikon Flash techniques (the one I mentioned a couple of weeks ago), and it was brilliant. Joe is absolutely amazing, and he really makes you realize that with a couple (OK, three) SB-800 flash units, you can get real studio-like results out on location. The video itself is a look at Joe out shooting different projects, using one, two, and three flash units, and seeing how he sets everything up, and how he gets the results he does is amazing. Note: this really isn't a "push this button, change this menu" kind of video. It's more like a really well produced documentary about a pro shooting, and how he uses SB-800s in the field to create award-winning work, but it also includes Joe's own commentary, and diagrams of exactly how and where he set the lighting to make each shot. It's incredibly inspiring. You can buy it at B&H Photo for $24.95


5 Comments:
Now we know you couldn't have taken that picture this week since the temperature here in the NY area has been so warm...............
Okay, what did ya buy???
Hi Scott,
Wish I'd known you were in NY. I would have joined you at Star Bucks for a coffee. Would have loved to watch you shoot the video at B&H. Oh Darn...I was at work. That work thing just keeps getting in the way of fun....
Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Luis
2005 Maine DLWS
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
To Julie: You're right--that's an iStockPhoto.com stock photo. :-)
To Anonymous: I bought another SB-800 flash unit, a boom lighting stand, and some stand clamps. Nothing too exciting, but it was still fun.
To Luis:
Next time I'm in NYC, the coffee's on me. :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home