NAPP Launches Photoshop CS3 Learning Center
It's our biggest and most comprehensive Photoshop learning center yet. Here's what you'll find there: More than 12 videos on the new features from "The Photoshop Guys," The "Photoshop Lad" and Adobe's own Terry White. There's also a video interview with Adobe's Photoshop Product Manger John Nack, and I did an in-depth article on all the most important new features.
We have extra video content exclusively for NAPP members as well, and we just launched a members-only online discussion forum, moderated by "The Laddy!"
Plus (get this), you can sign up for a totally FREE seven-day online training course from our buddy Dave Cross. No strings attached! :-)
Plus there's loads of other stuff, so go there right away to learn all the cool new stuff!!! The learning center is at http://www.photoshopuser.com/cs3
We have extra video content exclusively for NAPP members as well, and we just launched a members-only online discussion forum, moderated by "The Laddy!"
Plus (get this), you can sign up for a totally FREE seven-day online training course from our buddy Dave Cross. No strings attached! :-)
Plus there's loads of other stuff, so go there right away to learn all the cool new stuff!!! The learning center is at http://www.photoshopuser.com/cs3


11 Comments:
Hey Scott, I left you a private message on the NAPP CS3 Beta forum. Hope you get it! My name on there is, Mr Flannery.
Well, now all those with "upgrade envy" will go crazy. And, much to my dismay, Photoshop User will devote most of its pages to CS3, leaving the rest of us out in the cold. And I just renewed for a couple years .... Oh well.
Just to add, I checked out Dave Cross blog, couldn't find a way to comment, so I'm back here. He just announced a new DVD on Photoshop CS2 Selection Secrets. All that work, now basically pushed to the nether regions. With the new selection tools in CS3, who will buy his new DVD? All that work for nothing ....
Scott, sorry to be so verbal this morning. But I have a question that has bothered me. I checked out the NAPP CS3 Learning Center and noticed that most, if not all, the information is offered in videos. Just like your Podcast. What bothers me, and perhaps others like me, is that my slow, dial-up connection just doesn't allow videos, unless I wait all day. Seems that all video programs could also be offered in text format for old-timers like me. Any chance this could happen?
downloaded and tried installing the windows CS3 beta 4 times. Lots of stuff installed but Photoshop, and the Bridge and one other file had errors. too bad! the only things that work for me are the plugin in for cell phones and such, and Stock photos.
Three hours wasted on stuff that is not user friendly
Hey Scott
Great online learning center... I've posted about it on both my blogs (photoshopforvideo.com and rastervector.com).
As always, keep up the mission (you guys rock).
-Rich Harrington
Hey scott i downloaded the cs3 beta & created a new folder on my hard drive when it was done it said these components could not be installed why???
1)Adobe Photoshop CS3
2)Adobe Bridge
3)Adobe Central CS#
Scott,
Unlike some, I was able to download, install, and use CS3 beta without any problems. Lucky, I guess.
My only problem is do I invest time learning Lightroom. Camera Raw in CS3 seems to be much improved, as well as bridge; and that may be all that I need.
George Geder
Scott,
The Photoshop TV special episode for CS3 that's on the web page, it's very choppy and skips every few seconds. Can you please take that same video and upload it to the Podcasts of Photoshop TV the way all the other episodes are, watching it in flash video doesn't do the trick. Thanks.
Howard,
Regarding selection, the only new tool is the Quick Select Tool. In all the videos that I have seen it has been stressed that it is just what it is called - a quick select tool and it's accuracy will not suit many requirements.
I doubt it will take away even a smidgin from the need to learn all the great workflows that exist to get accurate masks.
So if you were thinking about getting Dave Cross's DVD, I would still go ahead and get it.
Lightroom v CS3 Bridge
It seems to me that there is a lot of overlap between these apps. I would really appreciate your thoughts on how these two will sit side by side in the future.
If you own CS3 will there be any advantage in having Lightroom as well?
Post a Comment
<< Home