Shot This Last Week

When you see it's a photo of a Tiger, it makes the headline sound really bad, but I shot it in the photography sense. I got the shot thanks to my buddy Rod who arranged a private sunrise tour of "Big Cat Rescue" in Tampa (a great non-profit organization that has created a sanctuary for big cats who are in retirement), so we could get good light and access to areas the public wouldn't normally have. This shot was taken with a Nikon D200, using a Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 VR lens mounted on a tripod, but with a 1.4 extender on the lens to get in even closer.


3 Comments:
Scott,
I love tigers. This a great shot, and the mirror image is amazing! To be honest, I actually like the color of the image in the water, it just feels richer, maybe because it is a little darker.
When you are in New York, another great place to see tigers is Tiger Mountain at the Bronx Zoo. The best time to go is when it is cold as the cats are more active and move around a lot.
You are truly "Mr. All Access". I love the shot!
Great shot!
Why not raise money for the group by selling prints on the NAPP site.
113335
Post a Comment
<< Home