Monday, October 30, 2006

Joe's technique follow-up


Here are some answers to comments posted about the black & white photo I took using Joe's technique: (1) I didn't use an SB-800 for the shot; I used a Photogenic StudioMax II 320 studio flash with a Photoflex Multidome Q39 soft box attachment (as shown here). (2) The subject was turned to the 10 o'clock position (the camera position being 12:00, if seen from above), and the softbox was positioned to his side, and just a little higher than his head. (3) It was shot at 100 ISO; 1/60 second at f/8, at 95mm using a Nikon D2Xs, mounted on a tripod, and fired with a cable release. Hope that helps. :-)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the information, much appreciated

3:55 AM  
Blogger Jason D. Moore said...

If the camera is 12:00 as seen from above, wouldn't the subject be pointing towards 2:00 and not 10:00? It seems to me, and I could be wrong, that 10:00 would mean he was facing to the right.

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home