Live Shoot in LA

One thing I added to the LA seminar was a live photo-shoot. I start the day with a workflow/color correction class, so I thought what better way to see the exact workflow than to start out with a live portrait shoot, pop out the memory card, put it in the computer, and show my suggested workflow, in the exact order, from beginning to end. Here's a shot of the studio we set up (with the help of my LA-based friend Mike Kubeisy, who is the offical photographer for the CSI Television shows) in the front of the seminar room. We set up a stobe with a softbox attached (on a boom stand) directly in front of the model, and a gold reflector on a boom below her, bouncing the light back to fill in the shadows. We added to Alien Bee strobe behind her; one to light her hair, and one to add some dimention to the background. You can see the basic-set-up in the photo shown here.


1 Comments:
Hey Scott,
I was there and I have to say, you're just as entertaining to watch as you are to read. Great seminar. I wanted to get a chance to meet you but the line for the meet and greet was overwhelming.
Just wanted to say keep up the awesome work!
aloha
Rob
www.wayoutwestenterprises.com
Post a Comment
<< Home