My Sessions at Macworld Expo
.jpg)
I'm out in San Francisco today for Bruce's tribute. My book publisher, Peachpit Press, has a booth on the show floor, so they snagged me for a session late yesterday afternoon, where I set-up and took the shot above (that's Peachpit's Marketing Manager Scott Cowlin) right on the show floor, at the end of my session.
I set up one Nikon SB-800 flash mounted on a Bogen/Monfrotto light stand using a Bogen "Justin Clamp," which features flash shoe mounted on a ball head, so you can position it anywhere you want it. It's really quite brilliant.
Then I set up a second stand with a Lastolite tri-grip diffuser (again, attached with a Justin Clamp), and I positioned the wireless flash so it would fire through the diffuser to spread and soften the light. Luckily, the pipe and drape in Peachpit's booth was black, so I positioned Scott Cowlin about 6 feet in front of those drapes. The whole set-up took about 3 minutes, thanks to the SB-800's built-in wireless capabilities (works with every Nikon from a D70 on up).
By the way: I'm doing another session today at 1:00 pm, where I'll be doing that same shoot, and setting it up from scratch in front of the audience, then we'll take the results into the new Adobe Bridge and Photoshop CS3 for a step-by-step digital photography workflow class. If you're out this way, stop by and catch it, at the Peachpit Press booth.
In other Macworld News: The iPhone Apple introduced yesterday will just amazing! Read Terry's White's on scene report (he was at Steve Job's keynote) and he's got some great insights. :)


1 Comments:
Scott
Would you please do a book on use of flash - proper set ups like you are doing at MacWorld, using the Nikon system etc.
The Magic Lantern book on the Nikon system doesn't cut it, with its small size and small print, it seems to squeeze out any creative ideas too. Nothing on set ups, no creative ideas.
Post a Comment
<< Home